Please take a few moments to read these terms and conditions of staying at the Check Inn Hotel, including usage of this website:
● For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the terms “client” and “guest” shall be used interchangeably, and references to any one of them shall be deemed to include reference to the other.
● You may only use this website to book to stay at the Check Inn Hotel if you are 18 years or older and can enter into binding contracts.
● The Check Inn Hotel may, in its sole discretion, change these terms and conditions, or any part thereof, at any time without any notice.
● Room prices published on the Check Inn Hotel website are all inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
● Confirmation of a booking by the client/guest is deemed acceptance of these Check Inn Hotel terms and conditions.
● Room payments cannot be refunded, and booked room nights cannot be sold on or exchanged for later dates. The swapping or resale of rooms is not allowed.
● You can cancel your booking within 24 hours of making the booking. We have 20% cancellation fee after this period has lapsed.
● Bookings must be made at least 4 to 5 days ahead of check-in to the hotel to make sure there is enough time to process payment.
● Internet bookings will only be processed 48 hours after receiving the booking request.
● Bookings can only be confirmed once payment has been received.
● Payment services are provided by an external third-party service provider, Semper. Payment can be made via Visa, MasterCard, or Maestro cards or by bank transfer into the Check Inn Hotel bank account, the details of which must be provided on request.
● The Check Inn Hotel is located in South Africa, and therefore the transaction currency is South African rands (ZAR).
● All rooms offered by the hotel are subject to availability and the discretion of the hotel manager.
● Check-in is at 12 noon – requests to check in earlier or a later check out are accommodated if possible at a charge per extra hour.
● A maximum of 2 adults are permitted in a room. A maximum of 1 child (under 10 years) or 1 baby is allowed in the same room free of charge – this offer applies to STUDIO rooms only.
● Only guests who have a room confirmation in their personal name will be allowed to check in, and must present either a valid passport, South African ID or South African driver’s licence on arrival. If you don’t have any of these documents you will not be allowed to stay at the Check Inn Hotel.
● If a group booking is made, all guests in the group must show proof of identification (South African ID, South African driver’s licence or passport). If you don’t have any of these documents you will not be allowed to stay at the Check Inn Hotel.
● If the room is a part of a group booking, each guest will be required to complete a guest registration form on arrival and produce their identification.
● Guests’ visitors are not permitted in rooms and are kindly requested to meet in the reception area only. This is for security reasons, and to control the number of people per room.
● The Check Inn Hotel does not offer self-catering facilities and therefore guests are not allowed to prepare meals in their rooms.
● Smoking is not permitted at the Check Inn Hotel other than in designated smoking rooms or areas outside the hotel. Guests/clients must indicate whether they require a smoking room when booking on the website.
● On the day of departure, guests are required to check out by 11am. Failure to do so will entitle the hotel to charge an additional fee.
Hotel safety and security
● Our Deluxe and Executive rooms have safes for safekeeping of any money and/or valuables.
● Guests staying at the Check Inn Hotel agree that neither the Check Inn Hotel, its landlord, employees or agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person, or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property on the hotel premises, and indemnify the hotel, its landlords, employees, agents and representatives against any such injury, death, loss or damage to property, and against any and all claims for any loss and damages, whether direct or indirect, arising in any way whatsoever from their stay at the Check Inn Hotel.
● Clients must report any loss of or damage to their property immediately on discovery to the hotel’s management, and shall make themselves available to assist with any reports made by the Check Inn Hotel to the police.
● The Check Inn Hotel has 16 undercover parking bays and 28 non-covered parking bays for guests offered on a first come, first served basis, with a security car guard present.
● The Check Inn Hotel requires that minor children under the age of 18 staying at or visiting the hotel are under the supervision of an adult at all times. This is to make sure that other guests at the hotel are not unnecessarily disturbed or bothered within the hotel.
● Guests under 18 years of age will not be permitted to stay without an adult. We may require photo identification (a driver’s licence, ID or passport) as proof of age, and if the guest is unable to present this to the satisfaction of the hotel, we may terminate your booking without refund.
● If a client/guest interferes with the Check Inn Hotel’s fire-detection system or any emergency equipment, the hotel may terminate the client’s booking and reserves its rights to take any further action.
● The reasonable costs we may incur include: costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property; the cost of the room for any period it is unusable; and our administration expenses. If requested, we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
● We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate repayment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking, or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our reasonable costs.
Dogs and other pets
● The Check Inn Hotel does not allow pets.
Behaviour of guests
● The Check Inn Hotel and management reserve the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of clients, guests or representatives, who must take all steps for corrective action as requested by hotel management. In cases where guests fail to comply, the hotel reserves the right to terminate the client’s stay at the hotel and report the incident to law enforcement authorities.
● At the Check Inn Hotel, we have our own guest Wi-Fi facility – each guest gets 200MB free per day, while internet vouchers are available for purchase at the reception desk if required.
● Clients checked in to the hotel undertake not to abuse and/or make use of the internet facilities for any fraudulent activities or criminal offences, and indemnify the Check Inn Hotel and its landlord, employees or agents against any claim, demand, suit, proceeding or prosecution arising therefrom.
Should you have queries, questions and complaints regarding our terms and conditions, please contact us by calling 021 439 4444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at our postal address, 155 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town 8005, South Africa.